Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Gravelly Point Park

On Sunday, May 21, I finally did something I had wanted to do in DC for a long time but never got around to. I went to Gravelly Point Park in Arlington, Virginia to watch the planes land at Reagan. This may not sound exciting to some, but it was to me. It is pretty amazing to be under these planes just moments before they land. When I move back to Virginia next year I think I'll be hanging out at Gravelly Point Park. However, for now I am glad that I was able to do this, even if I did go by myself - this is going to be my new world in 7 months when I am in DC alone. It will be okay, because I will be closer to the city (my goal is to live in Crystal City, Pentagon City or Potomac Yard sections of Arlington (though I think Potomac Yard is Alexandria - whatever, I am moving back to Virginia - Maryland may be a little cheaper, but I want the convenience of being closer to things and I want more money back in my paycheck (Virginia has lower income taxes)) and closer to friends and then hopefully in 2 years I will also be able to head back west, or wherever God wants me to be. But for the next 2.5 - 3 years, I know this is where I am suppose to be.







 On my way home, I took the beautiful George Washington Parkway and pulled off at one of the stops. It is amazing how green it gets here so quickly!. So beautiful. I took these photos in Arlington Virginia and across the Potomac River is Potomac, Maryland.




No comments: