Monday, May 15, 2017

Cherry Blossom Fireworks


Normally I am the social planner for people. However, this time, Tuf found the Cherry Blossom fireworks (I thought Cherry Blossoms festivals were over). We had only been to the Cherry Blossom fireworks one other time, in 2015 when Barb and Paul were here. I remember the fireworks were awesome and we all know that I have not had the best of luck when it comes to fireworks in DC. So, I was eager to see good fireworks again. I love fireworks! 
On Saturday, April 15, Tuf, Sara and I went to the Mercy Tree at church - which was an Easter play. Then we drove to Tuf''s work, where we grabbed Thai food to go and said goodbye to Sara. Tuf and I made our way to the Waterfront area. Even though it was pretty early, there were still a lot of people. So, we thought we would walk to the little hill where we sat 2 years ago. Well there is a lot of construction at the Waterfront area now and our little hill that we remembered from 2 years ago, was now blocked by big buildings. So we made our way back to the crowds and picked a random spot. We put the blanket down, ate our Thai food (a few people asked us where we got it), then when it was dark, the fireworks started. Wait. We can't see them. Ugh. The small building in front of us was blocking the view. So we scrambled and moved maybe 50 feet away and got to see them - well most of them. Fireworks are almost impossible to photograph, without a nice camera - not an iPhone. Yay for some short video clips.

Yay, for a perfect spring evening!

No comments: