Saturday, December 6, 2014

Moving Day!!!

Before I can blog about the east coast I need to go back to 4 months ago when I stopped blogging and catch up on my final months in Idaho.
 As I started packing I had to take progress photos of what I was actually doing, because I was a super slacker packer for awhile.

I used a crazy amount of bubble wrap and plastic wrap to pack all my belongings.
Random, but a few years ago, Ri gave me this frog that when you add water you have your prince charming. As I was packing I dropped the container and the frog broke in half. So, I added water and the frog disappeared and there was my prince charming :)


I should back up and explain that my original plan was to have Anthony fly to Boise and together we would drive a Budget truck while towing my car to DC. However, at the beginning of July, Anthony got a job offered and they needed him to start at the end of July. Yay for him having a job. But now how was I going to get my stuff across the country? After a mild freak out, Karen told me to look into the moving cubes and so I did. The next day I scheduled to have 2 moving cubes delivered to my apartment on Thursday, July 24.
I asked everyone I knew to help me load the cubes and boy was I blessed. Corinne and Jake came over early and helped me wrap all my furniture and than we started to load stuff into the cubes. Others started arriving around 5pm and by 6pm the cubes were loaded and locked. Wow! I was so thankful to everyone that helped. Since I had so many people help some of them even started cleaning my apartment. All in all I had 16 people help me (Casey & Lisa (and their kids), Ron,  Doug, Corrinne & Jake, Ri & Jackson, Twaan, Cristi & Finn, Craig, Danielle & Allison, Roy & Sue, Yesenia, Kathie and Becky. Barb brought over the most giant bag of M&M's ever! After everything was loaded and most everyone left a few friends stayed behind and we had a great couple of hours girl talk. I have the bestest friends ever! 
They look small...
But everything fit with room to spare! 
 



And this is where all my stuff went, to my new home in Alexandria, Virginia (more on that in later posts...)
It took the cubes about a week to get to Virginia and then on a hot day in August, Anthony unloaded both cubes by himself into our new home. 
Throughout this entire move I have been blessed by so many wonderful and amazing people and as I start the blogging back I truly hope that I can honor everyone that truly supported, loved and cared for me, because without the all of you I could not have done this.

No comments: