Thursday, December 18, 2014

Driving Part 2

We were in Dallas for a whopping day and a half and during that time Tuf graduated and then we packed up their house into the biggest moving truck I have ever seen. Thankfully, Tuf and Anthony had a lot of friends helping. And of course it rained with thunder and lightening mixed in.
Sunday morning we started the 2 day drive to DC. The weather was amazing...what's a little downpour of rain. Anthony drove the massive moving truck the entire way and Tuf, Leslie (Tuf's best friend) and I took turns driving Tuf's little SUV with 4 dogs, 2 cats and 2 birds. We named the SUV Noah's Ark and the moving truck Big Bertha.
The trip from Dallas to DC allowed me to go to see a part of the US that I had never seen.  
Memphis, Tennessee!
We spent the night in Nashville and the next day we drove from Nashville to Virginia. Tennessee was a very beautiful state with rolling green hills and more trees this Nevada girl has ever seen. 
I don't know why I am adding this to my blog, but Alissa and I were texting during the drive and she was telling me what she was doing at work and so I texted her what I was doing...which was absolutely nothing.
Just in case you forgot - Princess baby also made this drive. She was uprooted from her home for 2 weeks - first she went to Karin's and then she was at Stacy's with me. Then she was in a car that broke down in Wyoming and stayed in her kennel for well over 12 hours while Bumblebee was being towed to Cheyenne. Then she spent a day and a half at Dallon & Sarah's and then it was back in the car with a quick stop in Kansas at a hotel. Then she was in Dallas for a day and half. Next it was back on the road (with a lot of dogs, birds and a cat) with a stop in Nashville. Well about an hour left into our week long road trip she had enough and just started crying. I knew this cry. It was the same cry she did in Kansas when she had two accidents. So, we stopped and I got her out of her kennel and got the cat little box and made her sit in the there. She was such a trooper and has adjusted very well to her life in Virginia and 5 dogs.


No comments: