Monday, December 22, 2014

Driving Part 3

Let road trip #3 begin! On Monday, August 25, Tuf and I flew from Reagan National Airport in DC to Denver International Airport, you know because we had so much fun driving the first time, we thought we would drive across the US, again!
I take the best photos! This one was for Bonni :)
Remember Dallon and Sarah, Alexi's parents? They were kind enough to pick up Bumblebee from the dealership a few days before we flew to Denver and then they drove Bumblebee from Cheyenne, Wyoming to DIA to drop him off to us. It was a quick exchange, where basically we got in Bumblebee and Sarah got into their car that Dallon was driving. I so appreciate all that they did for me. They went above and beyond anything I could ever imagine.
Outside of Denver we stopped for Starbucks mugs :) and I called my Grandma Mary who lived close to the Colorado/Nebraska boarder and told her I would be driving through in a short couple of hours. 
Reunited with my baby!
Colorado is where my parents and grandma are from. My parents grew up in northeast Colorado in a town called Sterling. All throughout the drive we saw sunflowers and thought of GG (that was her favorite flower). Throughout this entire journey whenever we see sunflowers we smile and say Grandma. It's a nice little thing that Tuf and I do and in away it reminds me that my grandma is still always with me.
We stopped in Sterling and bought all our bathroom supplies, since we sill were not unpacked in Alexandria, this seemed like the easiest option and since bathroom supplies don't go bad we will use them, eventually :) 
We arrived around 9pm into Ogallala, Nebraska where we checked into our hotel and then went and say my Grandma Mary (my mom's mom) and my Aunt Linda (my mom's sister). It was a super quick visit for an hour at night and then a couple minutes in the morning, but I am glad that I was able to stop and see them.


My mom also lives in Nebraska - about a 4 hour drive from my Grandma Mary. So, we stopped and had lunch with my mom, who I hadn't seen in 11 years.
This photo was probably taken somewhere in Iowa - when you have drove as much as we did, you are bound to get a little goofy!
We drove to the outskirts of Chicago and then next day we drove to Alexandria. In two weeks we drove through Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. It was exhausting, but it sure makes for a great stories! And on a bright side, I picked up 8 new Starbucks mugs! 

1 comment:

Ri said...

I'm glad you got to see some family on your drive. And I'm especially glad to see Tufie's crazy sideways eyes in that second-to-last picture. Way to keep your eyes on the road Tuf!