Sunday, December 28, 2014

Guest Room!

I love, love, love our guest room. It is my favorite spot in the entire house. We have put a lot of thought and effort into this room. The guest room is on the second floor along with my bedroom, Princess's bedroom and a bathroom. The guest bedroom has a theme - DC! Everything in that room has to relate to the DC area in one way or another. 
I found this puzzle at a cute little bookstore in northwest DC. We had a family puzzle night and put it together in about 3 hours. It was a lot of fun!


Now for some photos of the room. We have a brand new queen size bed with my adorable polka dot bed set I bought in Dallas a couple years ago. On the bed is a tray and on the tray is a DC Starbucks mug for our guest to keep as a reminder of their awesome time in DC. Inside the cup is a metro card (because it is cheaper to have the card then the paper stub - you do have to put your own money on the card and I do ask for the card back), also in the cup is hand sanitizer - trust me you need it when riding the metro :). Also on the tray is a pretty fun guest letter with important information - like our Wifi log in and password and last is an andes mint for your pillow. I don't actually put the mint on your pillow cause I don't want you to not see it and fall asleep on it. This photo has two of everything because we had two guests staying with us.
 Next to the bed is reading material on DC/Maryland/Virgina, a bible and brochures/maps of places to visit while you are here. On the bottom is basic toiletries you may have forgotten like shampoo and conditioner or a toothbrush or sleeping aids. Not pictured we also provide snacks and bottled water.
 We also provide a coffee and hot water station with a variety of coffees, teas and hot chocolate.
 We provide a dresser to put your clothes in or if you like to hang your clothes we have hangers in the closet. On the back of the door are robes and clean towels, wash clothes and hand towels. On the dresser are fresh cut flowers, along with the Washingtonian (another thing to read while you spend time in your room - haha, just joking I will keep you so busy that the only thing you will do in here is sleep!). Also we have provided our guests with locally homemade soaps that guests also may take home with them.
 Speaking of things to take home - feel free to write a postcard or two to a loved one while you are here.
 For wall decor we made this awesome canvas from photos we have personally taken from around DC and Virginia.
 

 These were added to the wall after Becky and Julie left. This was a gift they gave to me - money fresh off the press from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing from right here in DC! It is a must do while here.
While guests are getting their coffee or tea ready, they can study the metro map so they now how to get to your destination without looking like a tourist.
 But what if more than one or two people come at one time to visit? No problem because Princess's room can easily be changed into a second bedroom (not as glamorous but still pretty comfy).
 And what if a child comes? No problem - we got that covered as well. The child can have their own bed, blankets and towel!
 We are ready for your visit!     

1 comment:

Ri said...

Your guest room was spectacular! I especially loved that you took care of bedding for Jackson and I didn't have to worry about that. I also loved the keurig and my new DC coffee mug! I use it several times a week and it makes me think of you!