Monday, July 31, 2017

The July Life

Another exciting life in Mere land. 
I sometimes ride the bus home and this ride in particular had some excitement...
On a Sunday, Whit and I had lunch in Old Town and my favorite Thai place. Then we went on a quest to find bubble tea in Crystal City. It was a fun afternoon with my friend.
Pup Pup being so patient while I was eating...


A former coworker was in town so we all met up for drinks after work. All but 2 of the people in the photo use to work together and then we all left for other opportunities.
Left side of the photo: Martha, Tara, Me and Mike
Right side of the photo: Rupert, Lyndsey, Gina and Jenn
My precious baby.

At work I am work closely with the interns. One of the events we did had our mascot attending. I had to get the mascot attire the day before and the day of the event I kept feeling like something was staring at me..
Karla and Brent were in DC with family, but  I was able to meet up with them for a couple of the Smithsonian's and the White House. After walking about 7 miles we had dinner at Matchbox in Chinatown and went our separate ways. It was wonderful to spend a few hours with Idaho peeps!
The property management company likes to host different food trucks. Most of the time it's this grill cheese truck that I can easily say no to, but one day they had my favorite - brick oven pizza. It was okay, nothing I would have again - but it was nice to pick it up and go straight home to eat it.


Hailey turned 8 and Eli turned 3 in July - they are growing up so fast!
So much rain in July - so much so that we had a few emergency broadcast sent to our phones. 
 Bumblebee got his first bath in 3 years. Yeah, I have been a super bad car mommy. It rains a lot here, and until recently bumblebee has been outside to get his baths, but now that he spends most of his time in a garage I noticed how dirty he actually was - poor guys. Plus earlier in the week we had surgery and got new shoes and boots and bushings and control arms and fluids flushed and oils changed - so he deserved a little TLC. Plus I need my bumblebee for a few more years. And let's not talk about my unhealthy relationship with my car - everyone is connected to their car - right?!?!
 And that is pretty much what happened in July.
August will start chill but at the end of August I will be off to Ireland for a week - that will be a lot of fun. I also recently bought tickets to go home at the end of October. I think that fall will be busy.

No comments: