Saturday, July 29, 2017

Pool Party in the 'burbs

Remember 3 years ago when I moved to DC I said I wasn't going to make friends. Thanks to my first job in DC I have made some amazing friends. Since I have left my first job, I have stayed in contact with my friends and right now I have a pretty nice pool area. So, I decided it would be fun to host a party in the 'burbs! Plus I was able to back cupcakes with homemade vanilla frosting for my friend Martha's kid, Liam's 9th birthday.
My type of friend in DC - blond, skinny and their first name start with the letter "M" - Martha, Melissa and Monika.
Martha's sons Eamon and Liam having fun in the water.


It just so happened that the property management company had free snow cones for us! Snow cones are perfect for a pool party!
Oh my, we had so much food - from hamburgers, hot dogs and BBQ chicken to fruit and chips to chocolate covered strawberries, brownies and cupcakes to adult beverages including jello shots. It was all so good! So, thankful for Mike so was the grill master!

After we ate we went back to the pool! 
The adorable Ashton and Monika. Ashton also takes sunscreen super serious.




Melissa and the adorableness of Tristan and Ashton.


The Kim's - Jenn and I live only 2.3 miles apart and we just found that out!
My Idaho friends! Rich and Monika.
Rich and I were playing catch in the pool - while you can't see me - you can see that perfect throw - I'm amazing! :)
Kathy and has the most adorable kids!


So very thankful for my friends!
It was such a fun day and I am so glad I was happy to host my first party!

No comments: