Sunday, August 6, 2017

A summer evening at the Hishhorn Museum

On Thursday, August 3, Idaho friend invited me to the Hishhorn Museum for a happy hour event. I had never been to the Hishhorn before so I said sure! The museum is a Smithsonian so that means it is free! The Hirshhorn is modern art - art is lost on me, but I was going to hang out with Monika. 
As we were waiting in line for a drink the rain rolled in with a vengeance! It same down so fast - it was fun to watch the rain from under the building. I am loving the summer storms that DC have - well I love them when I am not caught off guard by them.



 The Hirshhorn museum is also a sculpture garden. 



Double rainbow.
 We finally decided to venture inside the museum. We only went to one exhibit, the Ai Weiwei an artist from Beijing.
 Mr. Weiwei also has a Lego display of people that have been imprisoned around the world. There are several large flat Lego displays and as you walk from room to room you can read about the individuals represented on the display. I would like to go back and explore this exhibit more.
 


And apparently an older Chrysler car with a builder on top of it is art...yeah, okay..
 As we were walking to the metro station we were able to get a couple another photo of the rainbow - this time over the US Capitol.



No comments: