Sunday, June 12, 2016

36th Birthday

Happy Birthday to me! Another year older. I have always been one to celebrate my birthday with a group of friends, and while I have friends in DC we all live in different areas of the DMV. So, this year was a quiet year, but wow, I still felt very loved. On Saturday Anthony gave me my present - a Batman logo mirror. Say it with me, "I'm Batman!"
Also on Saturday night we played a game of Ticket to Ride and Phase 10, both of which I won! I am normally good at trains and I use to be really good at Phase 10, but since moving here I lose all the time when Playing Phase 10 - I blame it on the atmospheric change :)
On Sunday the cousins took me to my favorite restaurant, Chuys! Love this place and the beans are amazing! We all love Chuy's and normally we go every weekend.
At work last year I didn't tell anyone when it was my birthday. So this year, I told people. Martha brought me a Starbucks frap and cake pop, along with a hilarious card and Starbucks gift card. Gina gave me nail polish and I got a couple cards from co-workers. At lunch a group of us girls went to a restaurant by the office. It was a busy day and work, but I did feel special! I have some fabulous coworkers, who I consider friends.
The gifts from the cousins and of course they spoiled me like always. I think it's one of Tuf's missions to make me more girlie. :)
All the awesome gifts and cards from my MAF crew! They sure know how to make a girl feel loved! And I so did not cry as I was reading the cards and opening the presents. It was birthday week box that arrived exactly on my birthday! A huge shout out to Barb, Alissa, Bonni, Kathie, Karin, Danielle W. and Danielle T. I so miss these amazing people and receiving this box was one of the best things that happened on my birthday.
I skyped with Ri on Monday night and opened this very thoughtful gift and necklace that I will always cherish. I have such a good Bestie!
I also received several gifts from Lisa, including a beautiful charm necklace from Lisa's own business, I Declare Charms. Yesenia sent a gift card and Karen sent the perfect card for our relationship. I think people know my addiction. Hopefully in a year or two these will turn back into DB cards :).
Niki and Eli sent me an adorable birthday message. 
A dear friend at work took me to lunch at our new favorite place to eat on Thursday. Thank you Jen! I am so glad we work together and have become friends.
Throughout the day friends sent text messages and Facebook messages, including one friend who sent happy birthday meme after happy birthday meme. 
I truly felt loved and cherished by all the people in my life. I know I say this all the time, but I am truly blessed with the people in my life.

No comments: