Saturday, June 4, 2016

Passport DC - EU

The second weekend of Passport DC. I really, really, really, wanted to go to the Belgium Embassy. I meet a friend from work, Lyndsey and Lucas at the Belgium Embassy about 9:30am on Saturday (30 minutes before the Embassies even opened and there were about 70 people in front of us!). Belgium is popular because they give out free chocolate and beer. They did not disappoint, so much amazing chocolate! I did get a free beer - but I gave that to Melissa.







After Belgium we made our way to the United Kingdom. The grounds were beautiful and we got to go inside the ambassadors residence where they had the table decorated just the way it was when Prince Charles visited last year.










Next we went to met with Melissa and went to Ireland.



After Ireland we thought about going to Greece, but the line was crazy long. So we went over to Estonia (it wasn't that great), but hey, it is another embassy I have been into!
After Estonia, Lyndsey and Lucas left so Melissa and I went to Luxembourg.



After Luxembourg, I was hungry, so Melissa graciously agreed to have brunch with me. Brunch was amazing! So good! We each ate 3 plate fulls, some of the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had.


A serve wind and rainstorm moved in while we were eating on the patio, so we all had to rush inside. It was adventurous at least! 
This was our second year of doing Passport DC together!

No comments: