Wednesday, October 7, 2015

BSU vs. UVA

On Friday, September 20, Tuf, Anthony and I drove the 3 hours south to Charlottesville to see BSU play the University of Virginia. I was so excited for numerous reasons:
1. After 3 years this was my first live game 
2. I was going to see a friend from MAF, Mike and his wife Lynda who now live in California.
Walking to the game we walked past the BSU alumni tent.
Not a lot of pictures from the game because it lightly rained the entire 4 hours. So what that I got a cold, it was so worth it! I overheard that there were around 1200 BSU fans - that is amazing consider Charlottesville is 2500 miles from Boise!
 
The game wasn't really a game. BSU defense scored on the very first play. Our defense scored more points then their offense! The final score was 56-14. From experience when ESPN gets bored they scan the crowd and it just so happened that Barb caught us on TV! And of course it is the time that I am turned around talking, I promise I did pay attention to most of the game!
Our hotel was ghetto and not something I want to remember. The next morning we stopped at Royal Cains - Tuf's favorite restaurant.
We drove home that morning and Mike and Lynda followed shortly after. For the evening we went to downtown DC and had dinner at my favorite restaurant, Matchbox.
Now for the Meredith tour. First up, my baby, the Washington Monument! 





Views of the White House from the Washington Monument.
World War II Memorial:
Then we walked to Lincoln. 
After walking the mall we went home. But first we stopped at Sweet Frog Fro Yo by our house.
Then Mike and Lynda got to meet all the animals, including my baby girl.
It was so great to see Mike and Lynda. I always enjoyed working with Mike and like my other MAF friends it was great that they made the trek back east! Have I mentioned how amazing MAF and the people that work there are? 
Mike and Lynda left early on Sunday to fly back to California. Now I need to go visit them!

No comments: