Thursday, September 17, 2015

Random August

I love these random posts. Maybe because it reminds me that while I live in Washington, DC I still have to have a normal life and there is still beauty in the everyday life. 
Baylor and I chillin and taking selfies.


 My beautiful baby girl!
 During our quarterly HR Meeting, I was given a "Spot Award". Basically it means that I went above and beyond. The HR department at my current place of employment is very departmentalized, except for me, I work with all the different departments and that is what I like about my position. I get the variety that I like in a job.I was also given a gift card that I promptly used that night and bought a couple more work dresses.
My
My boss wrote a very nice card.
 After our meeting we all got to leave early as in we left at 2:30pm and went and had drinks at a bar close to work. This is the best sangria I have ever had! Sadly, since I do not drink that often I could not drink it all :(
 Dexter and Pup Pup were helping me organize the guest room.




 :) Tuf and I were getting manicures and Anthony got a pedicure (he hates me because of this photo).
 There is a really nice outdoor area in Gaithersburg, Maryland that we like to go to and there was this interesting cat sculpture...


 First for the good thing, sometimes on my commute I get to ride on the new, shinny and clean metro.
But mostly I ride on very crowded trains. I absolutely hate the red line, hate it! I miss my precious yellow line. The below photo was taken after the train doors closed and everyone on the platform couldn't get on, thus leaving them to wait for the next train, thankfully this was my stop.
 I personally think I am hilarious! As we were driving home I got in the backseat of Tuf's vehicle and I said to her, "Don't talk to me. I don't talk to the help!" Hilarious!
 Princess on the morning I left for Idaho.
 And Princess the night I came from from Idaho.
 During a lunch hour Martha and I went to a book talk. The gentlemen on the left is someone I see everyday as I exit the metro, he is always saying, "Good morning, good morning, have a blessed day." He has an incredible story from growing up in poverty in New Orleans to being in and out of the prison system to Hurricane Katrina to drugs to homelessness in DC to a judge that took a chance on him. I am a little over halfway through his book, and it is an incredible read. Gerald is truly someone who has turned his life around and is a upstanding member of society. You can read more about his story here and buy his book here.

No comments: