Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Idaho Day 3 & 4

On Monday, August 31, I did what most people do when they go on vacation. I went to the eye doctor, in Kuna. In all fairness I have been going to my eye doctor for 11 years and since you only go to the dentist once a year I figure I don't need to change my eye doctor. After the eye doctor I drove to MAF and got Becky and we got some DB! It was so nice to chat up with Bex and I am excited to spend more time with her when she comes to DC in October.
After coffee with Bex, Karin and I had lunch at Krung Thai and then I went into MAF. It was a little awkward to go into MAF as a visitor, but I quickly got over that after I started seeing people. I let my true loud personality out and the people just came to me! It was awesome I left MAF after 5:30pm that night and my checks hurt from all the smiling I did. I only got one photo, with the very special lady, Bev!
For the evening I went to Casey and Lisa's. On my bed Lisa had a guest letter for me that was hilarious, amazing candy and a free Dutch Bro's. It was perfect!
For dinner Lisa made my favorite dish, Pansit! Thank you Casey, Lisa and kiddos for making me so very welcome in your home. I had a wonderful time catching up and simply just hanging out and talking.
Tuesday, September 1, was a big day for me! I started the day by hanging out with my dear friend Karla at her new home! Being in Maryland I am reminded of Karla often as she grew up in this area.
Then I had lunch at Flatbread with another amazing friend Corinne.
After lunch I made my way over to Yogurtz for Fro Yo with the Duke's. Cristi and I use to go on cold dates, so it was perfect that we were able to get together while I was home. 
I asked Twaan to take a picture of Cristi, Finn and I and just like Alyson Davids I got a lovely selfie of the person I asked to take the photo! But I love it!




After fro yo, I drove to Nampa and meet Chelsea for dinner at Costa Vida.
It was so great to hang out with Chels and catch up. We have been friends for so long and over the last few we had lost touch, but then in 2014 we reconnected and I am so excited that she is going to come visit me the first weekend in October. We are going to make some special memories in DC!
As I was dropping Chels off at home, the boys arrived so we were able to take some fun photo!
What a wonderful Tuesday I had at home!

No comments: