Saturday, September 19, 2015

Idaho Day 1 and 2

The day had finally arrived! I was going home!!! I had been counting down this day since January. I was able to get an evening flight out of Baltimore, so for the first part of the day I worked. During my lunch hour I decided to do something I hadn't done for awhile and walk to the National Mall. I mainly don't walk to the National Mall because it is all torn up and there is really nothing too see except giant piles of dirt. But I needed a reminder of why I was in DC. Why I had moved 2500 miles away from a home. My home that I loved and have so many people that love me there. As I have expressed several times before, there are many reason why I moved to the east coast and I do truly love it here. This is an amazing opportunity. DC is a great city with so many things to do and see and I have made some wonderful friends along the way that will hopefully will let me crash on their couch when I come to visit this city after I leave in a couple years. 
Getting to Baltimore is always an adventure. I started the day by riding with Tuf to her work. From there I took the metro to my work. When I left work at 2pm I took the metro to Union Station. From Union Station I took an Amtrak train to the airport in Baltimore. Once in Baltimore I took a bus to the airport. My first flight was BWI to DIA and I got to ride on a cool new Southwest plane! I took this picture because instead of the annoying florescent lights on most planes, they now have these soft blue lights. It was pretty awesome! 
I landed in Boise a little after 11pm and Stacy picked me up from the airport. The next morning we were back at the airport at 8am to get my rental car. Thank you Stacy for being so flexible with my time schedule - not like you just had a baby 3 weeks ago or anything! My first stop in Boise was to get a blended kicker from Dutch Bro's! Thought someone should have told me that Dutch Bro's changed the size of their drinks and now their larges were 32 ounces! Nobody needs that much coffee! I felt like a trucker drinking it. But don't worry I finished it ;)
For several months Lisa and I had been planning a surprise baby shower for Ri. Normally surprises do not work but somehow this one did! She was so shocked and that made me happy, to be able to do something nice for my best friend. About 2 months before the shower Ri and I were having a conversation that went something like this: 
Me: "Is the church having a baby shower for you?"
Ri: "No! That is stupid, I am having another boy and don't need anything.You don't have a baby shower with your second child, especially if it is the same sex as your last child." 
Me: "Umnn..cool". Change subject. But in my head I was thinking, "well to bad if you think it is stupid I have already mailed out the invitations!".
Lisa did a fabulous job hosting and decorating for the shower!




After the baby shower, I went back to Boise and picked up lunch for Robert, Stacy and I at the amazing Idaho Pizza (warning: there is a lot of food pictures in my Idaho posts).
Like 8 hours of waking time in Idaho and I had this many punches on my DB card! I actually would tell the Batista's my sob story of not having an DB for the an entire year because I lived on the east coast and as I was telling them my story they would punch the crap out of my card! I got over 30 punches in 1 week! Love Dutch Bros'!
For dinner, Robert, Stacy, Peyton and I went to Mai Thai and I had the most amazing bubble tea (watermelon)!
Besides eating on Saturday I spent a lot of time cuddling with this little angel! I feed her many bottles and changed her a few times, but mostly I kissed her and held her and loved on her. Love you Pey!








On Sunday morning I went to my church in Eagle. Love this church!
And than for brunch I met Robert, Stacy and Pey at the Egg Factory. When I went in to put our name on the list the lady remembered who I was! I was like, wow! I have been gone for a year and you still remember me. Normally I would not go back to a place that knows my name, but I love The Egg Factory and their biscuits and gravy!
After lunch we went to B&N for a little bit - so that meant, more cuddle time with Pey!
























It was an amazing day and a half in Idaho! Thank you to Robert, Stacy and Peyton for letting me crash at their house for 3 days. I truly felt loved. And while I know it is hard to leave Idaho, I am super excited that in a week you will only be 4 hours away from me! Who would have thought a year ago that we would both be on the east coast. Hopefully in the future we all will be back in our home of Idaho.

No comments: