Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Mexico Part 3

On Sunday we started the long ride back to Nevada. While Liah can be a brat sometimes (just like me) she did really really really well for being stuck in a car seat for 30 hours in 4 days. We had some fun when she wore my sunglasses and played with my phone.




We made it to Henderson, NV on the first night. The next day, Memorial Day, we went down to the strip. While I have been to Vegas many times, it is a little different when you are with a 4 year old. We parked at the MGM Grand and as we were walking to the strip we passed two great locations of a fabulous memory I have of Stacy, Tuf and I watching BSU in the first Fiesta Bowl in 2007.


We didn't know this, but there are a lot of super hero people on the strip. Batman was the first one we found.
We wandered through the M&M store.
Vegas is a fun place, but we were ready to go home.
It was hot!
I stayed in Elko on Monday night and then I continued north to Idaho on Tuesday. The 4 hour drive in the middle of nowhere had me thinking about a lot of things. I reflected on the great trip and how awesome it was to just hang out with family. I reflected on the fact that in 2 months I was am moving 3000 miles away from the only home I have ever known, the west. I marveled at the beautiful mountain ranges and how I am going to miss the wide open spaces. But also excited for the new scenery of trees and cityscape. Every place is unique and special and a gift from God, we just need to enjoy it when we are there.

No comments: