Sunday, June 15, 2014

34th Birthday

At work we do birthday week. Have I mentioned how awesome my co-workers are? Alissa orchestrated a week long food feast. Barb gave me little things throughout the week and one of them was these Larry the Cable Guy, Biscuits & Gravy Tater Chips. They actually were surprisingly good, but they were also very confusing. They tasted like biscuits & gravy but had the consistency of a chip, so my brain was really confused. 
Bonni made the amazing Kahlua coffee ice cream cake. Love, love, love it! 
Alissa gave me an umbrella for all the rainy days in DC
The awesome bag that Barb gave me!
My desk at 8:30am on my birthday. A ton of tissue paper and a lot of fun gifts!
Barb got me a road trip survival kit complete with 5 hour energy, pistachios, breath saves, chocolate, chocolate laxatives, Clorox wipes, iTunes gift card, Starbucks gift card and the best gift a one-size fits all tank top (and it did fit! This was meant as a joke, but in October when Barb comes to DC I am going to pick her up wearing this tank top). Also, of course before the road trip can happen I have to pack boxes with gummy bear duct tape and mark them with a sharpie. What a well thought out, loving gift. These may seem like silly gifts but they mean so much to me, cause it shows how much Barb knows me.
Besides the umbrella, Alissa also gave me hot pink duct tape, and an awesome coffee sign to hang in my kitchen and a photo of us with Becky and Karin at Meghan's wedding. What a thoughtful gift. Alissa gets me.
For my birthday lunch Stef made my favorite, biscuits & gravy!!! We enjoyed biscuits & gravy while watching our favorite TV show at work - Suits? I could go  on and on about Suits, because it is my new obsession, just watch it - that is all I will say.
The night of my birthday was a pizza party. It started at 6:30pm, and I wanted to arrive early, but Ri wouldn't let me. So instead I went to Starbucks to hang out on my own and sent Ri, sad texts asking her what she was doing on a Friday night, while I sat alone on my birthday at Starbucks. Ri didn't fall for my sad texts, she just ignored me.
At Idaho Pizza was a group of my awesome friends (Lisa, Casey & their 4 kids), Kathie, Jackie, Tracey, Alissa, Danielle & her friend, Becky, Stef, Taryn, Stacy & Robert, Karla & Brent, Chelsea, Justin & their 3 kids, and the host who made all this happen - Ri & Jackson. I felt so honored that so many people would come to my party. I tried to thank each and everyone of them but my emotions got the best of me. I am going to miss all these amazing people. I have been blessed to have such wonderful, loving, funny, caring friends.
Kathie & Jackie taking hilarious selfies at the party.
Me with one of my best friends and host, Ri and her adorable 2 month old baby Jackson.

Ri, Me, Li
The lovely Kathie and I
After the pizza party, Li, Ri and I went down to see Fork to hang out and have coffee over some awesome dessert.
 I got home around midnight and after 3 trips all my presents and cards were in my apartment. Wow. Wow. Wow. I am loved.
 Balloons from Ri - that means a lot, considering she hates balloons.
 I truly felt special on my birthday. It was one of my best birthdays ever. Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday.

No comments: