Saturday, June 7, 2014

New Mexico Part 1

Road trip! I am not one to enjoy car rides, but I was actually super excited to make the 2500 mile round trip with my cousin Ashley and her daughter Liah. I was excited that some of my side of the family was going to see Zach and meet his wife and daughter. While my family may be dysfunctional we do have some normalcy at times. 
On Wednesday I left Boise and drove to Elko. On Thursday while Liah was in school Ashley and I ran errands and of course that involved stopping at Starbucks where I got a new cup!! This vaca was off to a good start.
We left Elko about 4pm on Thursday and stopped in Vegas around 10pm at one of my favorite places!
At In-N-Out Ash and I both had caffeine so when we got to Kingman, AZ we decided to head on to Flagstaff, AZ. What we didn't know at the time and didn't realize until we went to three different hotels in Flagstaff at 2 in the morning was that there was a huge fire south of Flagstaff and combined with the Memorial Day weekend that close to the Grand Canyon hotels were packed. We finally found a hotel around 2:30am and got a few hours of sleep before we finished the 5 hours left to Cliff, New Mexico. 
 Child labor at it's best - Liah actually loved rolling my suitcase and we all know I don't pack light. 
Ah, we finally made it! Liah and Hailey hit it off instantly! And Hay enjoyed showing Liah all her animals!


I absolutely love this little girl!
I wasn't sure how Hay and Liah would get along, so I bought them each the same doll so they could play together. Well it turns out they were instant friends and didn't need the gift.


They played so well together. I loved watching 2nd cousin meeting for the same and hitting it off so well - it melted my heart!
Bedtime story time. Niki is such a great mom!
On Saturday before the baby shower we had lunch with Niki's grandma, mom and sister and than went over to Niki's grandma's place and played on the swings. 

Watching Zach with the girls was awesome! He is such a good day and Liah loved him, he was her buddy!




Cousin love!

No comments: