Sunday, August 4, 2019

Rooftop Fireworks

Part two of my 4th. After my adventures and fun morning I went home to relax and cool down. Around 8pm I went over to my friend Emily's apartment to feed her cats as she was out of town. Emily has a balcony so I stepped out onto her balcony and was looking at the rooftop and I didn't see a lot of people so I decided, I might as well go up and if it's too busy I can easily come back - after all this is my home. 
When I got to my rooftop, I was pleasantly surprised, not that many people! And I noticed if I stood in the pool area I had a better view. I got to my rooftop with about three minutes to spare before the fireworks started - perfect timing! I wish I could share videos on this blog, because I got a great video of the first fireworks and they were amazing!
It was a lot of fireworks and was suppose to go for like 40 or so minutes, but it was so humid because it had rained in the afternoon. After about 10 minutes it just looked like a few other 4ths I had seen in DC - red cloud of smoke. Sadness.
The Washington Monument began to disappear.


After about 20 minutes I walked to another side of my rooftop and watched the illegal fireworks from the locals and they did not disappoint - it was a great show for about another 40 minutes!










I didn't have a lot of hope for this 4th but it turned out to be one of the best (not the best) but probably 2nd best in my 5th, 4th in DC. I'm glad I did all that I did - I wouldn't have changed a thing.

No comments: