Thursday, August 8, 2019

Apollo 11 - 50th Anniversary

On Friday, July 19, my coworker Cindi, her husband and I went to the National Mall at 10:30 pm for the 17 minute display of the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing that the Air and Space Smithsonian presented with giant screens and a hologram display on the Washington Monument.  There are some benefits of living in the city, I left my home at 10pm and I was on home by 11pm. It was also during the super hot part of summer where it was over 100 degrees for several days and even at this time of night it was 100 degrees - I am not a big fan of heat and really dislike humidity. But this was the 50 Anniversary! I had to go and I am so glad I did - what a unique experience. I mostly took videos but was able to get a few photos. It was super cool how they created the main focus on the Washington Monument. 



























Than on Saturday, my friend Martha, her son Eamon and I went to the 9:30pm showing. On Friday evening I was by the Smithsonian Castle and on Saturday night was on the hill closest to the Washington Monument. Which gives you a great view of the monument but we couldn't hear any anything, which was weird. 




No comments: