Friday, August 16, 2019

Randomness of May - July

I have no idea what photos are in here - just randomness of what I have found on my phone over the last couple of months.. 
I work hard - haha - feet on the desk, shoes off, "listening" to a webinar. 
 
I'm a highly organized person and my office doesn't normally look like this: 
 
 But it was all because of this - I welcomed 42 interns in May and June - 42! That is 10 more than last year and while I love this program it is a tremendous lift for the entire summer.
And through this catch up phase the 12 week intern program will be over by the time this blog posts. On July 25 we celebrated National Intern Day so we took our HR Intern out for bubble tea! 
A card the interns gave me at our last intern event :) 
New dress, new earrings (thanks cousin) and high bun - I'm ready for this intern event! 
  I am very much addicted to bubble tea - it is amazing and Gong Cha is my favorite.
This wouldn't be complete without my favorite, quotes.
#truthbutsadtruth
#EveryoneNeedsToLearnThis
 In May we went to Jazz in the Garden - this is an annual event that we do - it's like our unofficial kickoff of the summer. After Jazz in the Garden - Stephanie, Anton and I got o Hyattsville, Maryland for Bonchon - I love Bonchon - soooo good!
First Row Left to Right: Kiara and Brittany 
Top Row Left to Right: Me, Neville, Martha and Stephanie
Anytime I am on the mall, I need to take photos of the Washington Monument and US Capitol - I won't always be able to see these things everyday, so I need to take advantage of it now.


In June, Gina and I went and say Secret Life of Pets 2 - it was adorable! And it was fun to hang out with Gina - she is such a good friend and I am so thankful for her in my life.
One weekend in June we decided to go to the a festival at the Wharf, Taste of the Philippians. But we were not prepared and did not get tickets and there were so many people that we sadly didn't get to go - but that's okay because we went to a burger place and had wonderful conversation. Then we meet up with Anton and Stephanie's friends and went to the summer solstice at the Smithsonian's where they stay open late. What a great idea and there were no lines! So we wen to the American History Museum and the the National Museum of African American History and Culture (as we didn't finish the museum when we went earlier this year). There was a talk going on and then a dance party - that is so cool!




A couple photos of my adorable niece, Raelynn Nicole - she is adorable!
























Beautiful huge butterfly chillin in the flowerbed at work. 
























It's summer here and hot and that means air conditioning and pools and blog catching up phase - which is now done! August is going to be fun with trips to North and South Carolina (bucket list items checked off for me - thank you Karen) and then to San Diego for work and then a short trip to Boise and in September a trip to Columbus, Ohio. 
I ask for prays for the rest of 2019 as I am going to make some hard choices coming up.

No comments: