Monday, March 4, 2019

Capitol and Library of Congress

On Saturday, January 26, Stephanie and I did another bucket list item - this one was more for Stephanie but I was happy to join because she has never gone the US Capitol. What?!?! I know right! I have been a billion and one times. But it had probably been a year since I had been, so I was happy to go again. This time around we had an amazing tour guide - the best tour guide I have ever had. I was also super excited that they brought back the Old Supreme Court as part of the tour. 
Corn - as part of our agriculture history. 



The Capitol Dome is one of the most amazing things I think anyone could ever see. 
Then we took the tunnel over to the Library of Congress and did a rather boring tour of the Library of Congress. I think that Library of Congress is the most beautiful building in DC and possibly the US. 


These paintings shoe when a government is corrupt and one side of our system is stronger than the other. 
The Library of Congress has amazing views! 

And have I mentioned how beautiful it is inside?









After wards we walked over to the Eastern Market area and enjoyed a cup of coffee/tea and pumpkin muffin. The night sky was so beautiful! 

No comments: