Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Saturday, March 24

This was a unique weekend for me. On Friday evening I was actually, probably for the first time in my life triple booked! I was invited to a birthday happy hour, that I had to decline. I was invited to the symphony and dinner at the Kennedy Center that I had to decline. The one thing I accepted was hanging out with Kathy. Kathy and I had this evening planned for months. I always enjoy hanging out with this lady! She took me to her old neighborhood - Petworth where we pretended to be locals and we may have drank a little to much, but it was so much fun!
On Saturday, I had no plans...but then I got a text on Friday evening from Idaho friend (Monika) asking if I was going to the tulip festival at City Center. Sure, I'll go! The cool thing about living in the city is I can walk a lot of places and I was am only 1 mile from Chinatown. So, I walked over to City Center where they had decorated for the cherry blossoms.
The tulip "festival" wasn't all that great, but it was still pretty and I picked out 3 tulips to take home and enjoy for a week. It was great to hang out with Monika, though.





After the tulip festival we found a crepe show for a yummy Saturday afternoon snack.
Idaho friend! So thankful for you girlie and the beautiful tulips she helped me pick out.


On Saturday afternoon, I ventured over to DuPont and enjoyed coffee with these lovely people. Remember them? Some of my MAF peeps! Mike and Barb. It was such a blessing that they made time out of their very busy schedule to see me. I love my MAF people!
Then on Saturday evening I Skyped with some of my Idaho peeps! First Li and I were able to chat about life, her new job and my new apartment. Ri asked if we could video chat using Facebook and I was like sure, and Facebook like Snapchat has fun filters. Look at the cute kids!























It was a wonderful Saturday, filled with a few of my favorite people. I sometimes feel super alone in this world, but then I am reminded of all the wonderful relationships I have. Love you all!

No comments: