Monday, April 9, 2018

5 Years

How has it been 5 years since you have been gone?!?! What I would give to have one more year with you, one more month, one more week, one more day, even one more minute just to say, "I love you". I don't honestly know how I have lived without you for the last 5 years and I hate this day so much. I hate April and I really just pray to get through this week as quickly as possible. I pray that I can somehow go from April 8 to April 13 in a blink of an eye. My mind tries to not think about it. But it's all I think about. I remember the events that led up to April 9. I remember what happened when I got the call on April 9, 2013 that you had passed. I remember how the rest of April led to families being split apart. But then as I remember the bad, I always remember the good. I remember how I had you for 33 years of my life. I remember how you taught everything I know. I remember how amazing you were and I remember how blessed I am that I had 33 years with you. I love you so much GG and I wish I could hear your voice one more time. I wish I could hear you say, "Love ya, Pookie". I wish I could say I love you GG. I wish I could talk to you about my life and what has been happening over the last 5 years. I wish I could hug you and just have you as an active part of my life. But you are still part of my life. I think of you everyday, I say the words "my grandma" to people all the time. I have a very visible tattoo on my forearm that reminds me of you. I love you GG. I know you loved me and I know you are always with me.
Always in my heart, always in my thoughts and always in my memories until we meet again.

No comments: