Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Goodbye 2017 - Welcome 2018

And now it is 2018. Wow. 2017, what an interesting year. 2017 brought the 3rd year of living on the east coast. How has it been 3 years? I am truly thankful for this experience, but part of me is ready to go back home. I think in under 2 years I will have accomplished everything I sit out to do out here and I can leave knowing that I was blessed with this experience, blessed with amazing people I met along this journey and blessed for the people that have stuck by me the entire time.
As always, I like to recap the year -
  • January: A crazy conversation with Tuf about moving into an apartment lead to apartment searching and signing a lease on an apartment; went to Texas for Kimberly and Marcos wedding reception 
  •  February: Moved into the apartment in Rockville, MD; Kimberly & Marcos visited; Karen visited
  • March: Zach and Hailey visited for 2 weeks and it was amazing, we did all things imaginable in the DC area, went to NYC and the ocean - in 2 weeks they visited 6 states and the District 
  • April: Cherry Blossom fireworks (no cherry blossoms because they froze) 
  • May: Another random conversation with Tuf led us on a quick two day trip to Niagara Falls, 2 Great Lakes and the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania
  • June: my 37th birthday; chilled at the pool a lot
  • July: hosted my first get together with friends - pool party! Finally saw the most amazing fireworks on the National Mall 
  • August: Tuf's birthday, a wonderful trip to Ireland and Northern Ireland with Karen and family
  • September : Still in Northern Ireland for a few days; Mark and Karen visit DC; Karen & I go to Virginia Beach, Virginia for a couple days
  • October: 3rd annual trip to Idaho! 
  •  November: Still in Idaho for a few more day; hosted another yummy Thanksgiving; matching cousin tattoos; apartment hunted
  • December: Christmas Tree's in DC; memorable trip to NYC on Christmas Eve 
Overall 2017 was another good year and 2018 will bring on a whole another year of adventures and new things.Thank you 2017 and welcome 2018.

No comments: