Saturday, May 7, 2016

Lionel & Yesenia in DC Part 2

On Sunday, we started the day off by another healthy breakfast, this time at Dunkin Donuts. Then we did the main tourist thing that anyone does in DC - we walked the National Mall! 
We started at the White House.
Washington Monument
World War II Memorial





What?!?! Mere jumping - that's crazy!
Lincoln Memorial:


Jefferson Memorial
After walking the mall, we had lunch at Shake Shack and then went to Archives to see The Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Next we casually walked through the sculpture garden and then headed home. We were making home and were going to be home around 6pm. As I was driving home from Fort Totten, Yesenia, said, "Isn't Ikea close to your house". Yeah, it kind of is. Lionel may have groaned when he heard that we were not going home. We had already walked around 20,000 steps.
We took many breaks during our couple hours at Ikea.
A lot of steps on Sunday. and actually on Friday and Saturday. 


On Monday I had to work but Lionel and Yesenia were able to see more of DC by touring Ford's Theatre, Natural History Museum and the Holocaust Museum.
After work, we went to Matchbox in Chinatown - my favorite restuarant in DC!
Friendship Arch with one of my best friends!
I tried to get Lionel to walk the mall, on last time - but he was having none of that! So, we went home and had FroYo at Sweet Frog that is in my neighborhood. If you look in the background you can see Bumblebee.
Yesenia and Lionel left super early on Tuesday morning, so they took Uber to Reagan. We had such a great time! I truly feel honored that they used vacation time to see me. I love having visitors because it is like part of Idaho comes with them, and I get to experience a little of Idaho that I am currently missing out on.

No comments: