Thursday, May 19, 2016

Kathie's Visit - Day 2 - NYC

After the White House tour we made our way to Union Station to go to New York City!!!
The reason we needed to be in NYC on Wednesday night was because we were going to a play. Not just any play, but a play staring one of my all time favorite actors, Zachary Levi! 
Getting ready for the play!
We made our way to Midtown and found the theatre.
Since we didn't have that much time, we ate a quick dinner at the pub across from the theatre.
Inside Studio 54 Theatre!
At our seats inside the theatre. We were in row B!
The play was amazing! Like, AH-MAZ-ING!!!! I smiled the entire time. I knew I was doing it, but I just couldn't stop. I don't know the last time I was this happy. When Zac ran down the isle to start the play, I slapped Kathie. During the second act when Zac sat on the stage as part of the play and I was only feet away from him, and all my thoughts were was to jump him. I just couldn't believe that I was this close to Zachary Levi! My active blog posts don't show my obsession with Zac, but when I turned 30 I had a Chuck themed party. Ri and I watched Chuck for years together, every Monday night and while the last season was not the best, we stuck with the show. Chuck was an NBC show that Zac starred in, as Chuck. Zac is a Christian and has seemed like an overall good guy, plus he is tall, handsome and a self proclaimed nerd (I love technology nerds).
When Kathie and I had talked in January about her trip, she had mentioned a Broadway play. I was thinking something like Lion King or An American in Paris. But then she mentioned the play, She Loves Me and that is was a musical and I was like ah, okay, I guess. Then she said that Zachary Levi was starring in it and I was like, YES! 
I had read some reviews about the play, and people wrote that the actors would sign your Play Bill after the show. Wait, I could meet Zac. Oh my!!! Be still my beating heart! After the play we didn't know where to go, so we lingered and then I heard someone say that stage door was this way, and we just followed. When we came outside there were only about 30 people outside. After only waiting a couple minutes a body guard came out and gave us a signed Play Bill from Laura Benanti (the lead actress). I have to admit, when they did that. I was a little sad, because then I thought, what if Zac doesn't come out :( But then the other actors came out and people were having them sign their Play Bills and so I was like, okay you can sign mine, whatever you are not Zac, move on. Afterwards Kathie told me that she wanted a picture with Jane Krakowski (apparently she is famous), but I shooed away everyone that wasn't Zac. I am sure I did, but I don't remember, because I was so focused on seeing Zac. And then the moment finally came!
He came out. AAAAHHHH!!!!
 First, he came around and signed all the Play Bills. When he got to mine, I gave him the blank Play Bill and he said, but nobody has signed this one and I said, I know. I only wanted his signature on it.Now if I could get rid of the word, "she" then it would say "Zac Loves Me."
Then he came around for photos.

Oh my! I side hugged Zachary Levi! In heaven!! But sadly my picture didn't turn out that well. So after Kathie talked me into it, I asked Zac for one more photo. He was so kind and totally let me take another photo with him! Yay for another side hug. Isn't he so stinkin handsome! And tall and don't we look adorable together :) Don't worry you too will have this photo very soon, because this is my only Christmas card photo this year!
After my 2nd photo with Zac we left and decided to take some photos of us around the threatre. As we were trying to take a selfie of us, Zac causally walked by and said "Lovely, lovely". I guess I made a step towards him and Kathie grabbed me and said, "Don't follow him." Yeah, okay I was going to follow him. But who wouldn't?!?! And it all fairness, he was probably just walking to the subway and we should have followed because we ended up going in some random direction.
Perfect few hours in NYC. Have I mentioned how much I love this city?!?!

No comments: