Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Bonni's Visit Part 2

On Saturday it was freezing cold! I guess winter wasn't over yet in DC. Therefore we spent the majority of the day at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. I have been to the Air and Space a couple times, but each time I always find new things and I may have had to much fun with the panorama option on my phone!





After the Air and Space we walked over to the Washington Monument to see the cherry blossom kite festival.



After the kite festival we walked to the National History Museum to see the Hope diamond. 
Next we had dinner at my favorite restaurant, Matchbox with Tuf, Anthony, Melissa and Ressa. After dinner we did the night tour! I was so looking forward to this tour, but it was kind of boring - guess I already know a lot about DC. It was also very cold! 
Though, we did go to Iwo Jima - which I hadn't been to since moving here - it is beautiful at night!



Sunday was all things Virginia - first stop, Mount Vernon.
Next was Arlington National Cemetery.
We had dinner at my favorite Thai place in Old Town. On Monday I had to work so Bonni and Troy did their own thing. After work we went over to U Street to the famous Ben's Chili Bowl. It's famous because President Obama loves it. I thought it was to spicy.


It was a fun few days with Bonni, I loved that my 'previous' boss traveled across the country to see me and of course see DC. I'm sorry that the cherry blossoms were not in bloom, but at least we got to see a couple. Bonni has been a very important person in my life for the last 5 years, not only as a boss, or as my HR mentor but also as my friend. We have been through our ups and downs including our own heart breaks. I was at work when I found out my grandma had passed and all I remember is that I went into Bonni's office and broke down and I was there for Bonni after her husband unexpectedly died. I thank God for Bonni. 
Now I had just 18 hours from when Bonni left to when Barb & Paul arrive!

No comments: