Sunday, June 21, 2015

Barb & Paul - Saturday, April 4 - Part 1

Saturday was a busy day! This day will take 2 blog posts. 
We started the day with breakfast at Old Ebbitt. I loved it so much when Bonni was here that I had to take Barb and Paul there. However, Saturday brunch is different then weekday breakfast. However, I worked my magic and got my waffle without the chicken. Why do people eat chicken and waffles? I don't get it.
After breakfast we went over to the Library of Congress. I had never been before, so Barb was our tour guide. What a beautiful building! I need to go back!
The Gutenberg Bible
This is impressive - The Thomas Jefferson's Library! A lot of the books in here are originals!




After lunch we went up to Northwest DC to meet up Tuf and Anthony. We went to the National Cathedral (another first for me) and after spent a few hours at a Starbucks in a grocery store so Barb and Paul could visit with a friend they hadn't seen in 20 plus years!
For the evening we went to the waterfront area of DC to watch the cherry blossom festival fireworks. I love fireworks!!! On the metro getting to the waterfront the metro was pretty packed.




























The cherry blossom fireworks were amazing! I can't imagine what the 4th of July ones will be like.

No comments: