Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Holiday - Northern Ireland - September 3

The end of the trip :( the week flew by so fast. It was amazing how natural it felt to be back in Northern Ireland. I had only been there one other time, but I remembered it as if I had been there many times before. It was probably because I was with people I consider family. We were able to do so many things in the week I was there, and very few of the things were things I had on my previous trip in 2011. 
I feel so blessed to not only have another opportunity to go to Northern Ireland, but to also go with the McKeown's. They are amazing people and I am so thankful they are in my life. 
We had to leave the apartment in Newcastle at 3:00am. I flew out of Dublin about an hour before the McKeown's. In Dublin you go through customs there, so when I landed in the US I landed in a regularly terminal and not an international. My flight was pretty uneventful. It was about an hour longer coming back to the US than going over there - but it was still just under 7 hours. I slept a little and watched a lot of Suits. I absolutely love that I only had one flight and no connections. It is easier for me to fly to Europe than Idaho! 
When I landed in Newark, I didn't want to wait 7 hours for my train to DC so I changed my ticket and was able to get into Baltimore by the time I would have left Newark. Tuf picked me up in Baltimore and then drove home. I was able to eat dinner, watch a show with Tuf, unpack and take a shower and then I was asleep by 8pm. I woke up about 5am on Monday morning (Labor Day) and was able to have a chill day before going to work on Tuesday.

No comments: