Friday, October 6, 2017

Mark Does DC

The weekend of September 15 - 18, Karen brought her boyfriend, Mark to DC to show him around as he had never been here before. They arrived on Friday evening and I meet up with them on Saturday evening in Old Town Alexandria for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Mai Thai. Before I meet up with them, I walked around the street fair that Old Town does every year.
After a lovely dinner outside in Old Town we took Mark to the Pentagon Memorial. This is one of my favorite memorials and I really enjoy it at night.
Karen rented an Airbnb around Union Station in DC so I stayed with them for the weekend. On Sunday morning we went over to Lincoln's Waffle House and had one of the best waffles in all of DC.
Afterwards we rode bicycles around the National Mall. I haven't posted photos of DC's most famous monuments in awhile, so here are some.




It was a long warm day on the National Mall - but thankfully the bikes made it so much easier. For dinner we went to our other favorite restaurant - Matchbox in Chinatown and then we rode the bikes back to the Airbnb with a stop at the US Capitol.
On Monday, I went to work and Karen and Mark did some things around DC. On Monday evening, Mark left to go back to Wisconsin and Karen transitioned into a hotel for a conference. I stayed at the hotel with Karen and had a one block commute for the week (it was amazing!). On Monday evening Karen and I walked to DuPont and had dinner at Shake Shack and then we went back to the hotel and were able to Skype with Kimberley and Marcus because it was Kimberley's birthday in New Zealand. It was so great to see them and talk to them.
On Tuesday evening Karen had to attend some gatherings so I walked to District Taco and then chilled at the hotel. On Wednesday evening Karen and I went back to Matchbox. It was a nice fun week in DC and really now makes me want to live in DC - having a easier commute sure was nice.

No comments: