Saturday, August 6, 2016

Tuf's Birthday

I love celebrating birthdays! This time around we celebrated Tuf's birthday on the Saturday before her Monday, August 1 birthday. We did the exact same thing we did last year with the exception of the fact that we went to the new Jason Bourne movie (so good!). We went to Gaithersburg and had dinner at CPK and got cupcakes at Lilly Magilly's and when we were at Lilly Magilly's we took these awesome awkward family photos just like we did last year!






On Sunday, Anthony flew to San Fransisco for the week for work, so Tuf and I were on our own! We had lunch at Red Lobster in downtown Silver Spring, did a little shopping, had our nails done, went to the mall to try and find food and ended up eating at Wendy's.
On Monday, Tuf's actual birthday she made dinner. So, I rushed home and made individual pineapple upside down cakes and gave her the last of her birthday gifts (a griddle).
I posted this photo on Facebook to say Happy Birthday to the best cousin I know. There is so much I could say about her. We haven't always gotten along, maybe it was because when we were 3 I pushed her down a couple stairs (no big deal), or when we were in junior high a boy came between us for a few years. But as we finished out our teen years she asked me to move to Lewiston with her and I did. And because of her, I fell in love with Idaho. And while she only stayed in Lewistion for 5 months, I stayed for 2 years and then another 13 years in Boise. As we matured we spent more time together, she flew to Boise at least once a year and I flew to Vegas and than Dallas. Then when GG passed we were by each others side and then we got this crazy idea to live in the Washington, DC area! We have had so many amazing adventures together and I look forward to many many many more with her. She may be just my cousin, but she is my family, she is one of my closet friends, she is one of my people, she will always be by my side and I will always be by hers. We are in this life together and I am so thankful that God placed her in my life 36 years ago. I love you sestra (Orphan Black reference).
And for the last part of her birthday celebration, we went to Matchbox in Rockville on Tuesday. We tried their sliders and they were amazing! So very good! And we got a birthday brownie!!!
Love you!

No comments: