Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Random Christmas Events

This last Christmas post is just the random that the holiday brought to me this year. 
My amazing friend, Karin made this awesome gift for me and it all stemmed from a conversation we had when I was in Idaho this summer about how I was thinking of getting an Idaho tattoo with the DC skyline. I proudly now have this displayed in my office and it has been a great conversation starter for a lot of people. I mostly get comments like, "I have never met anyone from Idaho". I still haven't figured out what to say about that.
The weekend after Thanksgiving Alexandria had their annual lighted boat parade on the Potomac. it is cool to see in person, but the photos just don't do it justice.
After the boat parade and dinner at Mai Thai in Old Town we took the metro back into DC and someone was a little tired.
Next, we tried to go to the White House national Christmas tree but as we were maybe, 20 feet away the lights turned off! :( Apparently they turn the lights off at 10pm every night. So we looked at the White House instead.
At work they do a holiday office decorating contest. I stayed at work until 8pm with 2 other people to decorate for our Tropical Holiday. While it was a lot of work, it was a good opportunity to bond with my new colleagues. On the day of the judging I made tropical smoothies for them with my fancy Ninja blender that I brought in (good think I drive now). We did not win - but rather we got second place. Next year we are going for the gold!
Speaking of work - they have these beautiful trees in our lobbies.
It was an Idaho Christmas for me for sure! Yesenia sent me this amazing sign that I have decided to keep at home because it matches my decor. I love love love love it!
And speaking of Yesenia, I sent her husband Lionel some of the famous pumpkin cookies that I hadn't baked in 2.5 years. They are just as good as a I remember them to be.
On Tuesday, December 27, I drove to Springfield (cause I drive now - yuck), to have dinner with my amazing friend, Whitney. We had lunch at Chuy's and then like me she loves bubble tea so we went to a new place in the mall for a super yummy tea. Whitney also gave me an Idaho sign (told you it was an Idaho Christmas for me), that I have in my office. Love this gir1 and so thankful for our friendship.
One of the things I absolutely love abut Christmas is receiving Christmas cards! This year I got so many that I will cherish them throughout the year when I clean off the freezer from last years card and replace it with all these beautiful cards.
Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments: