Monday, January 2, 2017

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

 On Christmas Eve Tuf and I went to a Christmas Eve service and then the Mormon temple. When we got home we had homemade chicken and rice soup that had been slowly simmering in the crock-pot.
I also thought it would be nice to have a pie. So I made a super easy Oreo pie that was really good!
One of our traditions is to have a drink and play Phase 10 on Christmas Eve. 
While having the Netflix fireplace going :) 
 On Christmas morning, I made our famous lemon poppy seed pancakes and bacon.
After breakfast and a selfie with Dexter we opened presents!
Sticking with our tradition that our grandma passed onto us - we go a little crazy and Christmas. But we wouldn't have it any other way.


Funny story...now..Dexter ate a few of my presents - he stole them from under the tree and then took them into the backyard to shred. We didn't realize this for at least a few days. A few things were able to be saved and a few were not. 
 



For the afternoon I Skyped with Stacy and we opened our presents. I also Skyped with Marie so we could also open presents. The boys are so adorable!
They got matching PJ's and toys. Adorable!
Next, Tuf and I went to the movies and saw Office Christmas Party. It was hilarious but highly inappropriate.
After the movie, Tuf needed to stop by her office to get her computer power cord. And since it was already 7pm, we decided to have Christmas dinner the next day so we stopped at the Thai place by her work for Christmas dinner.
On Monday, December 26, we took our tree photos and had a wonderful dinner.





For Christmas dinner we had Cornish Game Hens, green bean casserole, rolls, olives, and sweet potato crunch. However, the sweet potato crunch was not edible because rather than adding cinnamon I added cumin. It was disgusting and hopefully not one I will ever make again because I was so looking forward to the wonderful sweet potato crunch. However, the rest of the food was really good and we did not starve :)


No comments: