Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Goehner's Visit - Day 2

Our first full day in DC. We know I am a planner and I had an entire spreadsheet of what we would do. However, on our very first full day I decided to change it because the weather was suppose to be good. I had originally planned for us to go to the Air and Space Museum at Dulles (it's one of my favorite, there is a Spaceship out there). But if the weather was going to be, then we needed to be outside. This is spring after all and DC is very bipolar with the weather. 
The day started off with rain but it turned into a sunny day. We started the day going to Lincoln's Waffle House for some cheap and really good food. Then we went to Ford Theater and then the Petersen House where President Lincoln died. Next we walked over to Archives to see the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and Constitution. It was already lunch time, so we stopped at District Taco and then we headed to the Zoo. The Zoo is one of the best zoo's in my opinion and it's free and huge! We were able to see majority of the animals - which was super amazing, because that usually never happens. I think the Panda's and the big cats were the highlight of our zoo experience. 
Disclaimer - I have posted a lot of photos during my DC time, so the photos I have decided to use in this blog posts are really just the ones I like of the family in them. 























We had a really good time at the zoo. For dinner, I had planned to go to Tand Thai - our favorite Thai place in Northwest DC so we trekked up there only to find out they had closed - no!!!! So, we decided to go to Chinatown for some Chinese food. 
This is the best picture and I think sums up our trip. I had tried to prepare Ash that we will walk a lot in DC. She said we walk. I said okay, but DC walking is different. And it was proven on our first day, Sunday, March 31 when we stopped at CVS after the zoo and bought insoles for their shoes. They were however troopers the entire time and we walked our shoes off and karma is a b*&^@ sometimes because it will come to bite me soon. 
Liah and Marty collect coins - another thing we did a lot on our trip was looking for coins and Liah was super excited for her giant penny! 


No comments: