Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Days Around My Birthday

My birthday fell on a Wednesday - being adult is sometimes not fun. But on the Friday before my birthday, Martha, Gina, Melissa and I went to Union Market (Union Market is a hipster market in my 'hood). They do a drive-in once a month, cars are $10 but walk-ups are free. We went because it was Clueless - my favorite movie as a teenager, "As If". 
We had a tree in our way :( But we had all seen the movie and we could hear it. 
 
We had brownies! :)
The next night, Saturday, June 2, Melissa and I ventured during a rainy day and chilled by the pool. The rooftop in my apartment complex is amazing! There are 2 pools on the rooftop and one of the pools has an amazing view (that my camera does not give justice too) of the US Capitol Dome and Washington Monument.
Then the Friday after my birthday, a group of us (Martha, Stephanie, Brittany and Neville), went to Jazz in the Garden at the Sculpture Garden - we did it last year, so maybe this is our new tradition. It's a great tradition to chill in DC with friends. Afterward, Neville, Brittany and I went to Hill Country for dinner. What a fun Friday night!
I received some of the most thoughtful cards and gifts from my Idaho peeps and I can't wait to celebrate with them in a few days.

No comments: