Sunday, March 11, 2018

First Random Month in the City

What does a random month in the District look like? Pretty much what I did in the burbs. 
I love taking personality tests. I have never taken the full Myers-Briggs test, but this knock off one pretty much sums me up. 


My first official Friday night in the District, I meet up with some old friends for a happy hour drink and then we went over to Bus Boys and Poets for dinner. I love being able to stay in contact with my friends (L-R: Martha, Me, Brittany, Neville, Stephanie, Anton).
Princess has had a hard time adjusting to the studio and city life. I think she misses the dogs and I also think that she thinks I am keeping her in one small room while everyone else is outside my front door. A couple other theories I have is, I think her insulin was old and wasn't working anymore so I sucked it up and bought her a new bottle. I also recently switched her cat food and she doesn't like her new food, so I bought her a bag of her old food and mixed the old and new together. Princes still refuses to sleep with me, which since she was a kitten she has always slept on her Princess blank at the foot of my bed and she has just barely now started being in the same room as me. I think that Princess is slowly coming around - but in February Princess was showing her very Princess side.


One Friday afternoon, I had lunch with a couple friends and then I went over to the Portrait Gallery to do a little work. After I finished working I decided since the Portrait Gallery wasn't too busy I would see the new unveiled portraits of the Obama's.


Now that Tuf is gone, I have to learn to cook. I don't like cooking, but I am poor living in the city so I need to use up all the food that Tuf left in our freezer. I have been making the famous chicken and rice soup, Italian butter chicken, biscuits and gravy and salmon. I am super proud of myself for cooking meat. In March I plan on making chili with the ground turkey and pork chops to use up the random meat in my freezer along with the chicken dishes. Though, I do like the salmon and biscuits and gravy so I imagine those will continue to be in my life along with breakfast burritos.


On Wednesday, February 28 - Monika invited me to a university of Idaho Event. Ugh. UofI, can I wear my BSU shirt? But really I went to see Monika because it had been 6 months since I last saw her. It was so good to catch up with my amazing friend and I truly hope we don't let another 6 months go before we catch up again. The UofI event was super close to the Capitol which meant it was ver close to my new home. The event location had a wonderful balcony with an amazing view of the Capitol and Supreme Court.




No comments: